Monday, March 31, 2008

Feeding Frenzy

I could eat out everyday, for every meal. There's just something about someone else preparing my food and cleaning up after me. I also love the choices. So, it was nice to be in a hotel in Baltimore with no kitchen and countless restaurant choices nearby.

If you've never eaten at Chipotle, you must. It is a burrito bar but it goes way beyond Baja Fresh or Moe's in taste. The guacamole could be eaten with a spoon (which Adam and I did). I ate there twice. Apart from amazing food, they also have good food ethics. This was great because I just finished The Omnivore's Dilemma and am seriously considering purchasing an entire grass-fed, hormone free cow and having it slaughtered. I'm sure this paranoia will wear off a bit, but that book was startling.


Anyway, the feeding frenzy continued with two stops at a Mexican Restaurant called "La Tolteca" near Scott's sister's house. They took us there once and then I insisted on going back our last day there and ordered the exact same thing. It was called the Quesadilla Ranchera but should have been called Cheesy Wonderful Slice of Heaven. It had chicken, cheese and the most wonderful sauteed onions and peppers. I loved it so much I took a picture for posterity (or maybe I had an inclination that I might blog about it).


And yes, Joanna, we did eat at Chick-Fil-A. I hadn't eaten there since we lived in Utah. It was tasty, but the whole experience was ruined by images planted in my mind by the aforementioned book.

I still have more pictures to post from our trip. You'd think we'd gone somewhere really exotic by how I'm carrying on. Sorry. I don't get out much.

6 comments:

Mary said...

YUM. My stomach is growling. I agree with eating out. I eat out for lunch just about every time I drop Bennett off at preschool. I love it....good food and quiet time to read a book. What could be better?

Amy said...

We ate at Chipolte too in D.C. LOVED it. Keep the pictures coming. It makes me forget that it is still winter like in Rochester.

Mary- I love that you eat out every time you drop Bennett off at preschool. Sounds like a little bit of heaven.

Deborah said...

Yummy, that quesadilla looks good.
When are we going out?

Anna said...

I miss Chick Fil A so much. Along with Sonic and Long John Silvers. After seeing your pictures, I think I'll have Mexican tonight.

Joanna said...

Oh I love good Mexican food. Now I am jealous twice!! It looks fabulous!!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

That mexican sounds soo good! I'll definately have to be patient (until I'm in the states)to get some of that. The guacamole sounds especially good!