Monday, March 24, 2008

We Have Arrived

Scott has business trip in Baltimore Wednesday through Friday this week. We have family just outside of Baltimore so we decided to make a vacation of it. We were a little concerned about how Adam would do during the 7 hour car ride. Except for some fussiness at the end he did great.


He napped during his normal nap times and allowed us to entertain him with endless verses of "The Ants Go Marching" and "Old MacDonald". We stopped about halfway a McDonald's and played at a local library for an hour to let Adam get his wiggles out.

We were about 45 minutes from Scott's sister's house and we needed gas. Adam was getting fussy so we decided to let him walk around the Walgreen's next door. He loves to push grocery carts.

After about 10 minutes of that we had to get going.

But not before Adam stopped at the dairy case to admire the forbidden fruit. Poor kid doesn't know he's lactose intolerant.

7 comments:

Anna said...

I love his outfit. This gives me hope for when we travel to Boston this summer!

Deborah said...

You guys are so patient. Darren would just drive faster and sing at the top of his lungs until we arrived.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I was so excited that you were in Maryland and then I remembered I moved to California six years ago. It's sad that having children sucks the brain cells. I would have loved to visit you. Let us know if you ever take a much, much longer car ride out here.

happy mom said...

I love your posts! what a cute birthday boy, and I can see how the "what you do" question would throw you. but I love your found answer, it's a good realization, and something I have always wanted to do, and go to remind myself of.

have fun on this new trip.

Mary said...

A world without lactose is sad indeed. Hope you had a fun trip.

Amy said...

I hope our trip to DC goes as smoothly this weekend. I never would have thought to stop at a library to play. Good idea.

Joanna said...

I also would have never thought to stop at the library. Chris would never agree to that. He likes to get there. Thank goodness for the dvd player!