Friday, March 14, 2008

I Now Know What Christmas Eve WIll Be Like for the Next 15 Years

We managed to avoid this realization until now thanks to a lovely Caribbean cruise that we took in lieu of Christmas presents (don't worry about Adam missing his first Christmas, he would have been happy with a paper bag). Adam's Birthday is tomorrow and I just spent an hour assembling cardboard blocks. We really like to go all out. Nothing's too good for our boy. All kidding aside, they are actually really cool. When assembled they come in three different sizes and are big enough to make walls that Adam can crash through. I know he's gonna love that. Anyway, this is the task that awaited me (don't look to closely at my carpet, and if you do, don't judge me).


After the first 10 minutes I'd assembled five blocks. There's a bit of a learning curve, I assembled the other 79 in under an hour.


Here's what they looked like post-assembly. I'm leaving it up to Scott to build a fabulous tower so we can get a great picture of Adam crashing through it in the morning.


Stay tuned for birthday festivities.

3 comments:

Anna said...

For cardboard boxes, those look pretty darn fun.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

OOOOH! Our friends have these boxes too. Adam will LOVE them. Just make sure he doesn't jump off the room onto them. They don't last.

Deborah said...

I want to see the picture of him crashing through the tower of blocks.