Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An Eventful Day

Yesterday was Adam's first day of preschool. I went to pick him up a little early so I could catch some pictures of his first day. I think it's safe to say he had a great time...

After that it was off to his annual appointment at the ophthalmologist. You may remember what happened last year. You'll be happy to know that this year he didn't freak out when she used the pirate patch. He did, however, fail his vision test. It seems as though the eye without the cataract is compensating for the bad eye and the bad eye is weakening as a result. So, Adam gets to wear glasses!

Hopefully the glasses will just be a temporary thing until he has retrained his bad eye. If anyone has experience with toddlers and glasses, please share. He is supposed to wear them all day everyday. If this doesn't work the Dr. wants to patch his good eye to force him to use the bad one. So, we will be diligent about the wearing of the glasses (that and the $300 price tag are sufficient motivation for me).


So, be on the look out for a very studious looking Adam next week. I'm a little excited about his new look...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't have any tips or tricks, but my nephew had to do the patch/glasses thing for the last year and a half. At first it was hard to get him to wear the patch, but he's really good about the glasses. I can't wait to see Adam looking all studious.

kelly said...

you better get him some stylin' frames. i love little kids in glasses- it's the best. keeping them on, that's probably the worst.
tape them to his head?