Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Butterfly Garden

We have a yearly membership to our local children's museum. That place is my haven in the winter time when it is too cold to do anything else. Today it was my haven because it was too hot to do anything else (Adam swam the last 4 days and his eyes were so bloodshot I decided it was time for a break from that activity). Anyway, inside the museum is a butterfly garden which is basically like a fairy wonderland. Beautiful butterflies flutter around you and little pygmy quail scurry across the path; my kids love it. We go a lot, but here are some pictures from today's visit.

Adam loves to look at the cocoons and see the moths and butterflies that are hatching.

They are featuring a butterfly called the "blue morph", they are beautiful and they are everywhere.

Apart from the butterflies and quail there are also turtles, fish and these little tortoises. These little guys were awfully friendly and actually scared me with how they were climbing up the wall toward Jane. Jane, of course, thought it was awesome.

The museum saved the day (and my sanity) again.

1 comment:

Heather Jewell said...

I been thinking about you a lot lately and watching your pregnancy ticker. So close. Or if you are me, 3 weeks away. I can't wait to see your new little one.
I love hearing about how similar Jane and Ceilidh are. I would have loved to join you at the museum. We miss that home away from home.