Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I have found, with both of my children, that having them say "good-bye" to places or objects makes the transition easier and I rarely have to drag them kicking and screaming away from something. I don't know what it is about the act of saying "good-bye" to something that makes it easier for my kids to walk away, but there it is. Jane has stepped this up a notch and now kisses things good-bye; like the water fountain at the children's museum.

Well, we were at a Labor Day picnic yesterday and Jane found a worm. Jane has absolutely no qualms about picking up little creatures and studying them. Scott had a fun time encouraging her to show her worm to Mommy (I, for the record, DO have qualms about touching slimy creatures). Anyway, it was time to go. Do you see where I am going with this?

I told Jane it was time to say good-bye to her worm.

So she obediently put him on the ground and said, "Bye-bye worm!"

And before I knew what was happening she was on all fours, face to the ground, kissing the worm.

Oh, Jane.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

love her!

NaDell said...

I have our kids say goodbye to things too, but I don't have them kiss them. Sometimes they blow kisses. (I know you didn't make her kiss the worm.) =)
She's cute.

The Fabulous Fosters said...

Too Funny. What a great family

soften said...

She is adorable! I can't believe you only have 3 days left! It was really great to see you in July - can't wait to see your baby!

kelly said...

Simon says bye to things too. It does make it easier for him to leave- and I don't have to be the mom dragging her child away by arm kicking and screaming as much fun as that is.
jane is precious.
i can't wait to see her reaction to baby sister:) she's going to love her fiercely!