Friday, February 20, 2009

Jane's Blessing

My friend, Deborah, who took our pictures, was nice enough to e-mail smaller copies of the pictures so I could get them posted. We have to go by and upload the originals to Scott's laptop.

So, we blessed Jane Dorothy on February 15th. For those reading this blog who are not Mormon, we don't baptize our infants. We believe that babies are born innocent, and therefore don't require baptism until they are old enough to be held accountable for their actions. So, as infants, they instead receive a name and a blessing from their father. It's kind of their introduction to our religious community. We were lucky enough to have Scott's two sisters, my sister, and their families here for Jane's blessing. Here is everyone who was present when we were taking pictures:


This is Jane's grandmother, Dorothy, her namesake:


Mother and daughter (Do I look a little rotund? It's all intentional, I wanted to look just like Jane. Look for us to be wearing matching outfits from now on too!):


Our family of four:

It was a wonderful day and we felt blessed to have so many friends and family there to support us and participate. The men in the blessing circle (since I don't have a picture) were; Scott Holmes, Kent Meldrum, Peter Brinton, Darren Pulley, Brandon Silva, Kurt Domm and Ryan Shelton.

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Cute. I'm glad you had so much family there.

Deborah said...

Come over anytime.

Amy said...

The blessing dress is gorgeous. So sorry that I missed the event. I hear her red shoes were quite stylish.

Anna said...

The blessing was beautiful and Jane looked so sweet.

kelly said...

My least favorite pictures of post partum have to be the blessing photos, i see them, and i'm like, oh yeah, i'm stil carrying all this baby weight and look like this everyday. awesome.

but thats's just me, you look great. height is your friend, my friend.

jane makes me want another baby. seriously.