Monday, April 28, 2008

Strong Museum

In a new effort to convince some of our out-of-town friends to come visit us (Melody, Laurie, Heidi), I've decided to post about our wonderful children's museum. Apart from saving my sanity this winter, after Adam learned to walk, it's just a super-cool place. One of my favorite parts is the grocery store. It comes complete with miniature carts and shelves stocked with real food for the kids to "buy". Some of the packages have been emptied and the fruit and meat are fake (thank goodness), but they are "good fake", not the stuff you get from Fisher Price.

I love that the cash registers are real. Adam loves pushing the buttons and watching the conveyor belt move.


I know he doesn't really "get" the whole "shopping" thing yet, but he still manages to spend a good 45 minutes wandering around having a great time.


He loves filling his basket with the fruit and vegetables, especially anything shaped like a ball.


Don't all those vegetables look so real?

Besides the grocery store, there are about 10 other areas that Adam has to visit every time we go. They have a huge train table that he loves located (conveniently) next to the $0.75 train ride. There are two "sand" boxes. They are actually filled with little plastic beads. Every time we come home little beads randomly fall out of his clothing throughout the day.

They also have an entire Sesame Street area, the highlight of which is "Elmo's World". You can actually stand in front of a green screen and be on T.V. with Elmo. There's also the full-size (okay, maybe European full-size) taxi cab that the kids can get in (Elmo and Dorothy are in the backseat).

I could go on and on. I've maybe described a tiny fraction of the activities available. So, we don't have a lot to offer in Rochester, but we have a great children's museum, a mediocre zoo and pageant in the summer time. So, come see us!

9 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I AM THERE! Do the kids need to come too?

Heather Jewell said...

Amen on the Strong Museum! Savy loves it so much; that is always the place she picks when it is her turn to choose what we do. Congradulations on your little tad pole too! It looks like our due dates must be close. I'm due Nov 24th. How are you feeling?

Mary said...

Oh man...the museum here is SO lame!!

happy mom said...

that sounds great! you know our childrens museum wasn't bad and it was cheap, then they moved it to a new location and made it expesive and so big that I don't know if it is actually better. you just reminded me that I have something to post about!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

As I've been catching up on your blog, I have to say that the Strong Museum is the best and I can't wait to take Tristan there. Also...I understand your excitement over your dyson!I'm just a little bit jealous(I told Paul recently how I'd love to get one).

Anna said...

I love this place. My Friday nights are forever occupied now.

Stephanie said...

Enjoy it while you have one child! I can only take my kids there if I have an assistant. (They both need 1 on 1) because they both want to go in different directions! But it is a wonderful place...totally wishing we weren't an hour away!

Deborah said...

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Strong Museum.

NaDell said...

Cool museum! Congratulations on the baby! What is the due date?