Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Fraction of a Birthday

Those of you who know us well know that we have been celebrating Adam's "fraction" birthdays since he was 3 months (or 1/4 of a year). I know. We're lame. On that note, today was Adam's 2/3rd birthday, or 8 months for those of you who are not too good with fractions. You know who you are.

Now, I would like to say that I have been happy to make cakes each quarter, but the 1/3 and 2/3 birthdays were Scott's idea (I put my foot down on his 5/12th birthday). I think it might just be a ploy to get me to bake a cake. And I know you're thinking "they're never gonna do this with all their kids". You're right, but we have one child right now, and we're enjoying it. So there. Anyway, here are the pictures to prove just how weird we are.

Adam was fascinated with the cakes while they were baking. He's fascinated with the oven in general, which is very scary for me.

Notice how it's 2/3 of a cake, yeah I'm clever like that. Check out our photo album to see his other cakes.


Scott tried unsuccessfully to keep him from touching it. I guess it is a little cruel to put him so close and expect him to just look. Well he certainly did more than look...

What you don't see is Scott and I frantically cleaning the butter cream frosting off of his hands so as not to activate his horrible milk allergy. Good times, good times...

3 comments:

Deborah said...

You will have to hide these pictures from your next kids. What they don't know, they can't be jealous about.

Joanna said...

Thanks for clearing up the fractions for me April. I am one of those who wouldn't know that 2/3 is 8 months! Do you make a cake he can eat? Do we get that at parenting class again? Here's to hoping!

Dorothy (Mom) said...

I think the "fraction cakes" are a great idea. (I do love cake!)

Adam is SO darling, and I am not prejudiced!

Dorothy (Mom)