Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Rochester Walk for Autism Research

As many of you know, I have a special place in my heart for Autism and Autism research. I spent my last year before having Adam working in an Autism program, mostly with newly diagnosed toddlers. I truly enjoyed my job. Well, last weekend there was a walk for Autism research here in Rochester and it was chaired by the mother of one of the kids with whom I used to work.

My good friends, Amy and Katrina, joined up and we raised about $175. We well surpassed our original goal of $100, so thank you to all of you who contributed. We were especially happy to find out that we would get free t-shirts for raising over $100, woo-hoo!

So, apart from the actual walk there were tons of activities for the little ones and we had a grand time. Amy and Katrina both have little boys about a year older than Adam. We made our way to the "Music Therapy" area and proceeded to take it over.

This is Jack, Amy's son, who is 18 months old. We love Jack. He just loves to dive into everything headfirst. That's Wyatt in the background, he prefers to check things out before jumping in.
Adam was exhausted, as the walk occurred right in the middle of his nap time. That didn't stop him from having a fabulous time terrorizing Jack by trying to take whatever Jack happened to be holding. That is Wyatt behind him. We love Wyatt. He is so serene and calm; basically the antithesis of Adam and Jack. And yes, that is the shadow of my crazy hair on Adam's face, don't judge me. I'm getting a haircut in a few days.

And here we are, in order of height apparently, at the end of the walk. We were a little conspicuous with our three strollers, weaving our way through the crowds of people.


We had a wonderful day and Amy thought it was a great way to spend her birthday (Happy 30th!).

No comments: