Saturday, October 13, 2007

Am Sewing Genius

Okay, maybe not a genius, but I'm pretty proud of myself. Adam outgrew his infant carrier and his Bjorn, so I needed to figure out how to take him grocery shopping without trying to push a shopping cart and a stroller. We sat him in the seat of the shopping cart and he did well. The only problem was that he found the cart itself to be delicious and sucked on it with zest, much to his parent's mutual disgust. I had seen shopping cart covers in stores but they were a little pricey. I'm a stay-at-home-mom now, and I'm feeling very domestic these days, so I decided I could make it myself. Big mistake; especially since I had never before made anything from a pattern. Luckily, I have a talented and understanding mother-in-law who agreed to come over and talk me through the rough parts. This is the result:




Now, you can't tell from the photo but, this thing has pockets and elastic and all sorts of things I had to find in the "notions" section of Joann's. So, it may not be much to you true "sewing geniuses" out there but, Adam thinks it's fabulous. He even commented on how much better it tastes than the cart. Yup, that's right, he talks. We are a family of geniuses.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

That looks great. I have never made one of those. You should be proud. (I love the notions wall) Adam is so cute. You forgot to mention who made that wonderful soup for your birthday! :)

Allison said...

aaaahhh, first children ... they are so spoiled. love it.

Deborah said...

you are a sewing genius and a cute baby to boot.