Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Beautiful Day

As mentioned before, my sister was visiting last weekend from Utah. We decided to drive to Letchworth, a national park, to take in the fall colors. We couldn't have asked for a better day. It was close to 80 degrees and sunny.

Isn't it lovely?!

We took what we thought was going to be a short hike. It ended up being very long but very beautiful. Adam had mixed feelings about the backpack. He looks happy here, but fussed quite a bit.
The fall colors were phenomenal. I'm thinking of making this our Christmas picture. What do you think? Does the chain-link fence (and my crazy hair) take away from the beauty of the landscape?

This is me with my sisters, Melody and Emily. Everyone always tells me how lucky I am to be tall. This picture should help explain why I don't always feel lucky. I look like a giant next to Melody!! Can you tell that I have my Dad's bone structure and she has her Mom's?

This is Melody and her husband, Paul. If you've ever read Pride and Prejudice, they are Jane and Mr. Bingley, just sweet and kind in every way. More on Melody's visit tomorrow (with pictures of her cute baby, Noah!).

1 comment:

Deborah said...

April, I love your pictures, but I think you should use a picture you haven't already published for your Xmas card. That way, everyone will be surprised when they see the new picture. Just a thought.