Monday, April 11, 2011

4. Four!

Let me just do that annoying-disbelieving-mother-thing and say that my baby is four.  Four is one year from five which is kindergarten!  I am not ready.  I am NOT ready.

Okay, now that I have that off my chest.  We celebrated Adam's 4th birthday in March.  There were balloons,


and a tower of cookies (for the kid who doesn't like cake or frosting, weird I know),


and presents ripped open with glee,


and, finally, a trip to Jump Club.  He had to choose 4 friends.  It wasn't easy for me to let him make this decision on his own since his friends are the children of my friends.

He was one happy boy.  Here is what he's been doing:
-Wearing his glasses willingly and consistently
-Patching his eye only 2 hours a day (down from 6) because he is now 20/30 instead of 20/50 (yay!)
-Wearing underpants to bed at night with no accidents
-Keeping us all safe and in line by reminding us regularly of the rules in any given situation
-Buckling his own seat belt (can I get a hallelujah?)
-Turning into a nerd (and I honestly and truly could not be happier about this) with his request for magnifying glasses for his birthday.

We love our boy and the ways he makes us laugh daily.

1 comment:

NaDell said...

Buckling their own seatbelt is a milestone you never hear about, but it's one of the best ones!!!
A lady in my ward who I used to visit teach with had nine kids. She would tell me almost every time we went visiting (when I had 3) that she never would have been able to have 9 kids and buckle them in every time. (note:none of them died. =)