Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bath Time Conversation

Scott was giving the kids a bath while I fed Paige. I handed Paige over to Grandma after she was done eating and went to see if Scott needed help. When I got to the bathroom he was already draining the water, but I noticed the kids' hair was dry.

Me: You didn't wash their hair?
Scott: No, did I need to?
Me: I guess not, as long as you washed the rest of them.
Scott: Well, not with soap.
Me: So you didn't actually bathe them...
Scott: Well, at least they're not sticky anymore...

It seems as though our differing standards of cleanliness extend beyond the housework.

5 comments:

NaDell said...

This totally made me laugh! Hilarious. Now you're going to have to check HIM when he's done bathing. Thanks for sharing the fun. =)

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

It's the name. I don't think my Scott has EVER used soap on the girls. He thinks the germs magically wash themselves away.

NaDell said...

Andy says: I have an idea for April. We had a guy in our mission who didn't like to use shampoo, so his companion drew a line on the shampoo bottle every day so he could make sure it was being used.

NaDell says: That's just a trick to get out of chores. I never fall for that. I say, "go do it right this time." But, Andy always soaps them down because otherwise they smell like little doggies.

Jodie said...

That is so funny! Brent tried to use Clorox wipes on the kids once. I'm convinced they do these things so we'll stop asking them to help.

kelly said...

this conversation sounds all too familiar.