Monday, March 2, 2009

Buffalo

I don't know why, but whenever I post pictures lately, they post in the reverse order that I uploaded them. I have a lot of pictures this time, so I'm not going to rearrange them. So stay with me here.

We went to Buffalo last weekend for our nephew's birthday party. A trip to Buffalo is never complete without a stop at Scott's favorite place, Mighty Taco. I don't share his love for it but I'm usually able to find something I like. Adam loved the loganberry drink:

Here are the kids playing with the gift we brought. It's a marble track. Adam loves marble tracks and we were a little afraid he would have a hard time understanding that it wasn't his. There were some altercations, but nothing outside the realm of normal for a not-quite-two-year-old.


My sister-in-law found these great cake molds and made mini car cakes and then we all helped deorate them and arrange them on the "road". So cute.


There were only five other kids at the party and three of them wouldn't play "pin the fire hat on the dog" so the adults all took a turn. I would like you all to take note of whose hat is closest:


In case it's too blurry, that's my hat on top. Take that you three- year-olds! I love this next picture. My nephew's face is priceless as he watches his Dad.


Adam's turn. I thought he wouldn't want to play and put the glasses on, but he did great and smiled the whole time!



We got to the party a little early so that Adam could nap. Unfortunately we didn't take his propensity for bedhead into consideration. Fortunately, he doesn't have much hair, so a little water did the trick.


Another car shot:


Thanks for sticking with that. Sorry it was so disjointed. If anyone has any suggestions about the reverse posting of the pictures, I would love to hear it!

4 comments:

NaDell said...

I think it's always done that reverse order thing. At least for the last 5-6 months. I just start with the bottom of the file of pictures I want to add and put them in in reverse order and then it comes out right. A little annoying, but right. Or I forget and let them come in backwards and then add what I want to say underneath each one, then switch to "edit HTML" mode to cut and paste each picture where I want it. Yeah, it is a pain.

Those cakes are so cute. I like the pinning the fire hat idea. Looks like fun.

Anna said...

I love the bed head.

Stephanie said...

You were in Buffalo and you didn't come see us? Well....that's okay....we were probably in Rochester! What a cute party! The kids are growing so fast. I think I need to get a Bumbo.

Deborah said...

Very cute cakes. I enjoyed seeing the inside of Megan's house. I am always looking for good ideas.