Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tortola

The cruise that we went on this Christmas had four stops; Puerto Rico, St. Martin, Tortola and Grand Turk. Puerto Rico was lovely and we took some great pictures. Unfortunately we (I) left our camera on a bench, so I don't have any pictures to show you. Our next stop, St. Martin, had a duty free shop where we bought a new camera (we were in the market for a new one anyway, our first one was about six years old). Unfortunately, the battery wasn't charged when we bought it so we didn't get any pictures of St. Martin either. Which brings me to Tortola. Ah, lovely Tortola. Of all the islands, we loved Tortola best so I'm glad our new camera was charged and ready to go when we docked.

Here are Scott, Adam and me standing on the dock near our boat. The sling Dorothy made for me at the Relief Society Super Saturday was priceless.


This is the view from one of the tall peaks of Tortola. Isn't it beautiful? When we came back to Rochester, it wasn't the cold that struck me, it was the lack of color this time of year.


Here we are at the top of a peak in Tortola. Our guide took the picture for us. He was great.


I don't think this one needs an introduction, it speaks for itself.

This is Dorothy at the top. She also loved Tortola best of all the islands.



I will post more pictures over the next few days. I may dedicate an entire post to how great my hair looked in the warm, humid weather of the Caribbean.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Some really pretty shots here! We should all do a cruise together - seriously!

happy mom said...

it is beautiful, was this around the holidays? before, after, during? How nice, and with a little one, good for you guys.

Deborah said...

absolutely beautiful.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Sooooo fun. It sounds like a great trip. I've never been to the Caribbean but would love to. I'll have to ask for suggestions someday.

Carrie said...

I LOVE these pics! What an awesome vacation! Adam is already a world traveler!