Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year Resolutions

I know that I should be posting pictures from our vacation but I'm sitting at the computer and that would require me to get up, get the camera and upload the pictures. So I'll do that tomorrow; sorry Deborah. I was inspired by Miss Nemisis to post my resolutions for the new year. Nothing earth shattering here, I just felt that if I put it out there for the world to see I would be a little more likely to adhere to said resolutions. So here they are, in no particular order:

1. I will make a meal menu for every month and abide by it, especially when grocery shopping.
2. I will not nap during the day unless I had fewer than 7 hours of sleep the night before. Unless I'm sick. Or pregnant. I'm not pregnant, I'm just saying if I were pregnant then I would be free to nap at my leisure.
3. I will be nice to my husband and not use what he calls my "mean voice". Which, if you're wondering, isn't yelling but is more of a snotty condescending tone I use when I am annoyed, or tired, because I haven't napped.
4. I will read my scriptures everyday while Adam naps ('cause I won't be napping).
5. I will pray every night before bed.
6. I will choose three productive things to do everyday to improve myself, my home or my family.
7. I will be supportive in helping Scott remember to have family prayers and family home evening (should that be capitalized?).

I think that's all the improvement I can stand for one year. When I told Amy that I wanted to do three productive things per day she asked if showering counted. Of course it does Amy. Silly, silly girl.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Hahaha! Showering is most certainly a daily accomplishment that should not be easily dismissed. I think blogging should also count.

Deborah said...

good luck with those. Sorry lunch fell apart today. We'll try again another Thursday.

happy mom said...

hey there! So I took a good long blogging break while we did some home improvement and enjoyed the holidays. I did get your comment, thank you so much. And I did get on and read a second here and there, with no time to comment. but here I am, and I am obsessed with this whole blogger world, and I am so happy to see you in it. this should definatly help with the keeping in touch. and of course Brian laughed at the inside joke, and it was all good. It was so long ago I don't remember if he told me to say anything back, but the fact that he laughed I am sure says a mouthful. sorry for the ramble - we'll keep in touch now for sure! love your resolutions.

Joanna said...

I love your goals. I guess I should make some new ones. The ones I did have werenot to go crazy at the kids in the car for three days and I did ok with that one. I can't wait to see the pictures of your vacation. You guys rocked on New Years Eve. We were in bed by 10:00pm mountain time so I guess we stayed up with you.

Allison said...

go get 'em tiger! i'll be checking back 12months from now. ... and i'm debating if i should take a nap today or work on my YW lesson ...

Anonymous said...

Naps are cool!