Monday, August 30, 2010

What He Does for Fun

Adam loves the vacuum. Jane hates it, which may have something to do with why Adam likes it. If I want to occupy him for 45 minutes or so, I just turn him loose in the kitchen. He prefers to use the hose attachment since he can then be sure to get every single crumb. He's very thorough. Seriously, I don't even have to re-do it after he's done. As with everything Adam does; clothing is optional.

Oh, and he likes to mop too. But I do have to re-do that. There is a certain amount of elbow grease involved in getting the food, that my kids so lovingly grind into the floor, to come up.

Bubbles. He can finally blow bubbles himself. He sat in this chair for almost an hour one day. All I had to do was occasionally comment on the size or proliferation of the bubbles. Oh, and I did have to change his clothes afterward due to all the dripping. But for an hour of independent entertainment? Totally worth it.

Adam likes to be entertained or to play with someone. Don't be fooled by the above story of him playing independently for an hour; that's rare. So, it's always nice to have a friend come over. It's a little counter-intuitive to think that adding a child to the mix makes life easier; but it does. Jack came to play the other day and they had a marvelous time. I love how it looks like they're having some sort of serious conversation here...

I promise this next one was completely unstaged. I looked up, saw it and dug around frantically for my camera before I missed it.

Stay tuned for more updates on our summer. Out.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

So happy to see your blog posts. I am especially looking forward to seeing baby girl....I'm sure you are as well.

Amy said...

I love the pics of Jack and Adam. Play dates make my life easier. Why is it that adding a friend makes everyone happy, especially me.