Monday, August 30, 2010

So...

We finally got a new camera (which should please my friend Kelly, who has graciously loaned us her point and shoot for the last 2 months). So, I have lots of pictures to upload, including some from my Mom's visit a couple of weeks ago. I'm on it people. I'm nesting, and for some reason catching up on blogging is something I find biologically necessary before giving birth. While my pictures are uploading, here are some fun sound bites from the mouths of my babes.

Adam:
We were at Bill Gray's (a local burger joint) and Adam was eating his favorite food; french fries with ketchup. He happened to have a good view of the kitchen and could see the cook. It was then that he informed us that that was what he wanted to be when he grew up. A fry cook. Isn't that every parent's worst nightmare?

Jane:
Both kids were watching Dora (you heard me!). They are really good at talking to Dora when she asks questions. Here is the transcript from one such interaction:

Dora: "Who do we ask for help when we don't know which way to go?"
Both Kids: "Map!"
Dora: "I think you need to say it louder."
Adam: "Map!" (louder)
Jane: "It louder!"

Hey, you asked for it Dora.

One more interesting (disgusting?) Jane tidbit. We were at Tom Wahl's (another burger joint; I'm 9 months pregnant, okay?!) because they are selling $.99 rootbeer floats this month. I was sipping and enjoying my float while Scott went to pick up the rest of our food. All of the sudden Jane was saying, "Look me, Mama!" and I could see something green between her front teeth. And then I could smell it, and then I almost gagged as I scooped it out of her mouth. I would like to thank the super-classy person who put their chewed gum under our table. My daughter had minty fresh breath all afternoon. Yuck!

3 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Welcome back. I'm thrilled that Jane and Adam can teach #3 about Map, burgers and how to cleanse the palate after a good meal. Eeew.

NaDell said...

I always have the urge to catch up on my scrapbooking right before the next baby too (comparing it to blogging...)
Dora really does ask for it. You're going to have to watch out if she's so literal. =)

Anna said...

Oh that's where I left my gum. : )