Monday, August 30, 2010

Daddy's a "Sucker"

You may remember a previous post regarding a certain cotton candy purchase. The picture below should come as no surprise to those of you who know Scott's weakness when it comes to spoiling his children:

To illustrate this, here is a transcript from a conversation we had the other day:

Scott: I know it's silly but Adam really wants (fill in the blank with anything Adam wants).
April: (being facetious) "Just Say No."
Scott: But why would I when I could say "yes"?

And that, my friends is why I am the "mean Mom". I don't exaggerate, Adam informed me of this the other day on the way to church. Being extremely pregnant and hormonal; it made me cry.

Even though I think Scott is a bit too indulgent, he is without exaggeration the best father I have ever seen. He is not only fun but thoughtful. He's read just as many (if not more) parenting books as I have. The kids jump up and down when he gets home and the first thing he does is lie on the floor to be mauled by them. The pictures below are from a couple of weeks ago. He let me sleep in one rainy morning while he took the kids for walk in the rain.

Jane was ogled by every passerby in her strawberry raincoat. Scott assured me when I looked at the pictures later that she was wearing clothes under that coat (just a onsie, but at least it was something)!


No doubt about it; these two love their Daddy. That's okay, my friend Deborah assures me that being a "mean mom" will make them respect me as they get older. Here's hopin'.


2 comments:

NaDell said...

Andy's a "sucker" too. I have to be the tough one who says, "No more reading Lord of the Rings to our seven year old tonight. Time for bed!" He does make life fun though and that's why the kids love him!

Anna said...

I just watched a something called "The Well Behaved Child". It reaffirms what Deborah said. It's nice to have an indulgent dad, too though.