Monday, August 30, 2010

Grandma Kim and Aunt Stephanie

My Mom and sister came into town a couple of weeks ago for a few days. We did lots of fun things, unfortunately I forgot my camera for several of those activities. Nevertheless, I'll give you what I've got. There was much sidewalk chalk drawing and bubble blowing.

One day we went to Powder Mills Park, which is a fish hatchery. The kids loved feeding the fish. Here are Adam and Stephanie.


Jane loved it when the fish would jump up to get the food and splash her a bit.

Jane and Grandma Kim, Jane was breaking the rules and feeding the waterfowl (ducks). She's never had much use for rules.


After the fish we made a pit stop at Corbett's Glen, which has some gorgeous waterfalls. We had some family pictures taken there a couple of years ago. Here are Grandma and Adam.


When Jane sees something new she likes to experience it with all of her senses. So she felt a strong need to throw herself into the water. Luckily she obliged me by letting me take off her shoes first.

Grandma pretty much made Adam's day by ferrying him up to the falls.

That look on his face? Bliss.

He loved being able to touch the waterfall.

Jane is not one to be left out.

This pretty much fulfills the fantasy she has as she stands at the bathroom sink for endless amounts of time letting the water run over her hands.

Thanks to my Mom and sister for a great visit. We are looking forward to seeing my Mom again when this baby decides to make her appearance. Can we make that soon baby, please?

1 comment:

Jodie said...

April, your mom is beautiful! And your sister, for that matter. :) I love how happy your kiddos are in these pics.