Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go to the..."

Poconos! I have to admit that I was at an embarrassingly advanced age before I realized that the Poconos were not a Caribbean destination. Well, we wanted to get away and my mother-in-law has a time share that she rarely uses, so we traded some of her points for a week at a resort in the Poconos. We have some friends joining us for parts of the week.

It was a four hour drive and Adam occupied it watching episodes of Dora the Explorer on Scott's Blackberry.



Which led to this:


We arrived at the resort in the early evening Saturday. It's nothing special. The decorating is a bit dated and the staff are a little odd, but the clubhouse is new. It has a nice indoor pool, a toddler playground, mini golf and WiFi (which is how I'm writing this post). The resort is located up in the hills and the drive up is lovely (and full of deer). The deer here have obviously been well cared for by other guests, because one walked right up to our deck. We threw him a few oatmeal cookies and he hung out for a while.



The Vaiseys got here late Sunday night. The clubhouse has crafts everyday for kids. Lena and Adam had fun making crowns.

Meanwhile, Jeff showed the kids the finer points of arcade deer hunting.

We drove into NYC yesterday. Blog post to come...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Are you by any chance at Shawnee?

Anna said...

I will also publicly admit that I though it was an island, too. Looks fun!

Deborah said...

It is good to see pics. I've never been myself, but i did know it wasn't an island. Ever see Dirty Dancing? Poconos.

Amy said...

Looks relaxing.