Sunday, October 25, 2009

Potpourri

I realize that, until the vacation posts, I was a total blog slacker.  So, here are some highlights of the last month.  Or so.

Adam’s swim teacher had an underwater camera.  Adam loved being underwater and always wanted us to help him dive for rings at the bottom of the pool.  I love these pictures and have plans to have them printed and framed for Adam’s room.

Adam_Dives Adam_Dives2 Adam_Underwater 

We celebrated Jane’s 3/4 birthday in true Holmes style.

 

I celebrated my 30th birthday at the beginning of October.  It was a great day and Scott made it very special.  We went to dinner at Hicks and McCarthy, one of my favorite restaurants, then we picked up some dessert to go at the Cheesecake Factory.  After we got our dessert, Scott totally surprised me by pulling into the parking lot of a jewelry store and asking me if I’d like to pick something out.  If you know Scott, you know this is very out of character for him.  Not because he’s not generous and considerate (he is), but because he’s probably the cheapest man I know.  This was a big deal for him and thus a big deal for me.  Fortunately, I’m the kind of girl who has a pretty good mental list of things I want, so I knew exactly what I wanted.  We looked at the jewelry store and they didn’t have it so we came home and ordered it online.  It came while we were on vacation:

IMG_4031

It is a charm necklace with my kids’ initials on it (this is a really close shot, each charm is about the size of a pea).  A friend has one that I always admired, so when Scott asked me to pick out a piece of jewelry, this is immediately what came to mind.  I absolutely love it.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Love the pictures, love the necklace. Very sweet of Scott.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Cheap comes with the name. What a great birthday! Happy 30th!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

Those underwater pictures are great! I also love the necklace-how nice to have a jewelry giving husband!

k1 said...

Oooh, nice choice of necklace! Something you can wear always. And those pictures of Adam. Crazy!

Heather Jewell said...

What a great vacation (had to look up where the Poconos were on Google maps)! You guys look like you had so much fun.
I love the underwater shots of Adam. Those will be great summer memories.
The necklace is just perfect. Very classy and elegant. I love that he asked YOU to pick something out. Sean knows that is pretty much the only way to get me something that I will like.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks