Thursday, June 25, 2009

Strawberry Picking = Grand Larceny

We made the annual pilgrimage to the strawberry patch yesterday. I wish I could say that Adam was helpful but he really just hindered the process. The line he repeated over and over was, " Ummmm, I need.....this one" as he grabbed strawberries out of my basket.

They are really nice at this patch and will weigh your containers before you go in, so you only pay for your strawberries at the end. It would also be wise to weigh the kids before they go in. My child wasn't the only one popping delicious strawberries into his mouth without reserve.

What's that saying about how the guilty sleep? This little 10 minute snooze was the only nap he took. Stinker.

This is one batch getting rinsed. There were about five more just like it. Most of them have been pureed into scrumptious freezer jam.

1 comment:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Oooooh. Those look good. I sympathize with Adam. have a self-control issue around good strawberries too.