Friday, May 15, 2009

"Stir Crazy"

There is no better way to describe my day today than "crazy". My friend Kelly and I have been talking about painting my benches and her picnic table for about a month. Kelly bought the paint ("Edgy Red") and so we decided today was the day. Here are the before pictures. My benches:

Kelly's table:

We got out every toy imaginable for the kids and got to work.

Scrape, sand, clean. Moving right along.


Unfortunately, while we were working, the situation with our children quickly deteriorated.

No problem. We're not above parking our children in front of a Disney movie. Back to work.


We were barely started when something akin to Lord of the Flies started to go down in the living room. There was some biting and someone left with a broken blood vessel in her eye (sorry Lena). Most moms would say, "Okay, let's call it a day." Not us, we decided to feed the masses, find comfy places for them to sleep and carry on. Things went really well once we could concentrate our energy on the task at hand.



Despite the chaos we persevered and conquered. Unfortunately, that meant our children were slightly neglected for the day.

The best part of this story is that after that chaotic day I piled my kids into the car, rushed home, cleaned up and made dinner from scratch before Scott came home. After dinner I was outside with Adam talking to the neighbor. After realizing that I stayed home with my kids her question was, "Don't you get stir crazy?"

Um. No.

7 comments:

NaDell said...

Yeah, 'cause we're all always AT HOME and just hanging out wishing "If only, we could go to work..."

kelly said...

next time you bring the muzzle and I'll bring the protective goggles. My skin is toasty, how bout yours?

Joanna said...

first off I love that color red. It is perfect for outside tables and benches.

Second I LOVE that last picture of Adam. OH SO FUNNY!!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

How did I miss this post? My girls looooove that last photo!

Allison said...

You rock! I would have been there too making sure the kids just get fed and entertained to finish the task at hand.

I'm in the middle of moving so you can imagine the chaos I find when I'm upstairs packing. tonight I came downstairs to find Zachy throwing bottles and fistfuls of dirt into the neighbor's patio. He'd also dumped a full bag of chips on the ground and then walked all over them. ... Never a dull moment.

Anna said...

Love that red!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Good for you for getting so much accomplished with cute kids running around, haha! I love that you're not above putting your kids in front of a Disney movie because that's basically how I was raised and I turned out ok... My kids will love Disney whether they like it or not, haha.

Thanks for the entry! this is great!