Thursday, December 4, 2008

We're Home!

We left the hospital at around 2 p.m. today. We could've stayed until Friday morning, but Jane was doing well and I was feeling good, so we decided to come home.

I fed Jane right before we left, so she was pretty content to be bundled in her carseat.
Our friend, Deborah was watching Adam for us and was ready with her camera when we walked in the door.

I was more than happy to cut off our hospital bands. I hate wearing them and Jane's legs were all scratched up from hers.
Deborah did an impromptu photo shoot of Jane's first day home. I think she got some winners...



Jane will be sleeping in our room until she's ready to share a room with her brother. Our friend, Suzy, gave us this bedside bassinnette when I had Adam and I love it. All the convenience of her sleeping in the bed with you, but you don't have to worry about squashing her.

Adam was very sweet with his new sister. It could have something to do with the fact that Jane had a package of fruit snacks in her bed to give him as a peace offering. Or it could just be that he's a sweetie. He kept getting really close to her face and saying "Hi Jane!"
My happy little family...

13 comments:

Veronica said...

She is sooo cute! I just love all of these pictures and your family is so beautiful! Congrats again to you!

Joanna said...

Oh my she is just darling. That picture of Adam looking at her is SO sweet! The pictures Deborah took are good. Emily wrote about you and Jane today in her writing workshop at school. We are all so happy for you!

k1 said...

Isn't it nice to be home? I'm glad everything is going so well! Call if you need anything.

Deborah said...

She looks right at home,all bundled up in her bed.

Mary said...

What cute pictures. Adam is going to be a great big brother. How exciting.

Allison said...

Darling photos. We miss you guys. Congratulations.

NaDell said...

Glad you're home and feeling so good. She is so cute and looks so alert. You all look great!

Anna said...

Welcome home, Jane! So sweet the photos that Deborah took. She looks perfect.

Stephanie said...

She is adorable! You all look great! Congratulations!

Jodie said...

She is a love! the picture of Adam is just so sweet. Congratulations again!!

Henderson said...

What a cute, cute family! I love the peace offering to Adam, he looks so enamored. Glad you both are doing well.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

Congratulations! Baby Jane is so beautiful (and already smiling on her first day home!), I really wish I was there to see her. You look great and I just love the picture with Adam beside her in bed. Keep the pictures coming!

Heidi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! SHE IS SO ADORABLE AND THE PICTURES ARE AWESOME!! I wish I could come hold her!!!