Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Best Big Brother

I'll admit I was worried about how Adam would react to having a new baby in the house and, therefore, competition for his parent's time and attention. I am happy to report that, "so far, so good". He really doesn't see her as competition, more as a new plaything, or a pet. He loves to give her kisses and we will often find him with his head resting on her in a very sweet non-crushing way.

The other day he grabbed one of his books and said to me, "Share book, Jane?" I said that he could certainly share his book with Jane. He then took it to her, laid it on her and proceeded to "read" it to her.

Another "pro" of pumping that I didn't anticipate was that Adam can be an active participant in feeding his sister. This is an improvement from when I was nursing and he would try to crawl onto my lap while I was trying to feed Jane, not comfortable.

So, all in all, I'm happy with his adjustment to his new sister. He loves her dearly. And honestly? Who wouldn't:

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Really nice pictures. Who would have expected anything less from Adam?

Joanna said...

I love all these pictures, especially the last one.:) He really is the sweetest kid. I love that he can help feed her and I bet he does as well. I am glad all is going well.

Anna said...

We all knew he was great. She is such a wonderfully chunky little sweetie. That last picture is perfect.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I love the reading photos. Emily loved to share her stickers with Molly when she was first born. The best was the sticker of Isa right on her nose. Adam, you are the best brother! Keep reading to Jane. She'll love you forever.

Stacy's Snippets said...

I never heard back on whether or not I could have her. I'm guessing it's a no?

Jodie said...

I love the top pic with Adam's lips all puckered up. He is a sweetheart!