Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thank You PBS Kids

So I was trying to check my e-mail when Adam dumped his alphabet puzzle in the hallway. He brought it to me and said, "fix it". Being the lazy the Mom that I am, I told him to bring me the pieces. He began bringing them to me one at a time...and naming them. My 19-month-old son knows 10 letters, completely unprompted. Just so you know, this is no reflection on my parenting. I have no idea where this boy came from. In case your curious, the letters he knows are z, s, t, o, b, p, f, x, e, a. As I was typing he just handed me the "q" while naming it. That's 11.

6 comments:

NaDell said...

I love PBS! It's free. It has no commercials. And the kids love it! It teaches them so much. I love all the morning shows. We don't care for Big Big World that much, and of course avoid Barney and Teletubbies and I don't like Calliou because he's too whiny, but Word World, SuperWhy, Clifford, Curious George, and Sesame Street are AWESOME!
I love when kids learn without work!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I agree. TV is a wonderful learning tool. Good work Adam. Emily could count to 10 in Spanish before she could do it in English, all thanks to Dora. Heidi, on the other hand can count backwards, thanks to bratty sisters who know that if I get to one they're in big trouble.

Amy said...

Hallelujah for PBS kids.

Anna said...

Maybe I should quit restricting T.V.! But let's be honest...Adam is just a smart lil kid.

Joanna said...

that is amazing! We all love PBS here.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

Good job Adam! We get Sesame Street (and numerous other pbs programs) on several times a day and so I really should work harder so that Tristan gets into them (I sometimes wonder when kids get into watching tv-at the moment he wont sit still long enough to catch anything on tv).