Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A (Non) Christmas Miracle!!

Adam was two weeks late. I went into the hospital with absolutely no dilation or effacement. Luckily, I responded well to the induction. So, imagine my surprise when I found out at my appointment today that I am 1 1/4 cm dilated and measuring a little big (38 weeks at 36 weeks). I know women walk around dilated like this for months, but having never heard a doctor speak those words to me at a regular appointment, I was pretty stoked.

So, if you can't tell already, this blog will probably revolve around the condition of my cervix until this baby is born. If that bothers you, stay away 'til mid-December. If not, come back for weekly updates and phrases like "cervical mucus" and "stripped membranes". Never a dull moment...

*The title of this post refers to Jane's due date. If she came as late as Adam, she would be born on Christmas day. My doctor has assured me he won't let this happen.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

YEAH!!! I better keep my camera battery charged!

k1 said...

Yay for dilation! Now have some Thai food and do jumping jacks...

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Good luck! I hope Jane is early-early, as in not on her due date.

I tried everything to get Heidi out early. She was due December 23rd and I was not excited to be in the hospital while waiting for Santa. My friend Trisha and I jumped on a trampoline to induce our babies. It kind of worked. Hers came two days later and mine was a week after the jumping (so maaaybe there was no effect). It's worth a try.

I think Dr. Pepper made Emily come early. Molly wouldn't come out. That should have been a hint to her personality . . .

Deborah said...

As I started reading your post, I thought you had had the baby and didn't call me. Freakin' out a little bit here. Wait until we come home--Dec 1st or later.

Stephanie said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! Exercise balls are great for bouncing...just hold onto something to keep your balance! But if you really want her out early tell Scott the two of you need some one on one time!

Amy said...

As a woman who never dilated either, I am SOOOO excited for you. What would it be like to hear words like that at a regular appointment?

Paul and Holly Domm said...

That's great! Every cm. counts, hope little baby Jane comes very quickly! ps-I agree w/ Stephanie-the birthing ball(exercise ball) works great. I watched tv from it the whole week before Tristan came.