Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You Know You're in Kansas if...

...businesses close down to prepare for cage fights.


Is Kansas south of the Mason-Dixon line? I thought this was really funny, then I went to collect Adam. The lady behind the counter said "did you see the sign?" I laughed and said "yeah". She didn't laugh.


This one's for Dorothy, Go Jayhawks!


Gas is less that $4/gallon:

And finally, you know you're in Kansas when it's a drive-thru or a "ride-thru".




These pictures were actually taken by my Uncle Barry on the way to the reunion. I think he said he was just outside of Wichita. Thanks for the pictures Barry!

7 comments:

Anna said...

I love the lady behind the counter. I can only imagine what her name was.

Joanna said...

Holy Cow!! This is TOO funny. Cage Fighting! hahaha

Deborah said...

Oh, yeah.

Allison said...

you have GOOOOT to be kidding me.

k1 said...

Ok, so, the guy on the horse. Where is he going to put the food once he gets it? Saddle bags? And I'm pretty sure there aren't any cup holders on that horse.

Anonymous said...

k1, good questions. The guy got off the horse and ate while he talked to me about his cowboy life and duties and how he raised and trained the horse. He demonstrated how the horse will stop and go and follow him on command. The horse was very tame and had good taste. It would not even eat the lettuce from the McD's sandwich but preferred the grass beside the parking lot. Now I know why even large corrals are bare dirt. Horses don't nibble the grass, they grab on and pull it up roots and all. Pictures were taken in Winfield, KS.

Mary said...

Wow. Now I know I've sen it all.