Monday, July 21, 2008

"I've Already Got One!"

Scott is the Stake Executive Secretary and in charge of making appointments with the Stake President. Apparently he called a guy last week to set up an appointment, the guy called back today. This was our conversation:

Guy: Brother Holmes called me to set-up a temple recommend interview with the Stake President.
Me: Okay
Guy: Yeah, I already got a temple recommend last week somehow, so I don't need the interview.
Me: Uh, okay, I'll pass on the message.

How exactly one comes across a temple recommend without a Stake President interview is beyond me.

All I could think about was this scene from Monty Python. Imagine Scott is King Arthur and that the guy in the French Taunter.



It only could have been better if he said, "Tell him I've already got one" and "Yes, it's very nice" in a outrageous french accent. Oh, and then farted in our general direction.

I echo Lancelot, "What a strange person."

1 comment:

Anna said...

Until now I have successfully made it through life without seeing a single scene from Monty Python. I now see what I was missing. Incidentally, I got my recommend from a Cracker Jack box.