Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Take Me Out to the Ballgame..."

My parents retired to the middle of Kansas where they bought a non-operational school and made it their home. It makes for an interesting house, but it was the perfect place to accommodate 30 people for a family reunion (that is, if renting a house on Lake Cuomo is out). One of it's big advantages is a huge baseball diamond in the back. With 30 people, plus the family of a friend, we were able to put together a decent game. I love these pictures because they have a very "Americana" feel to them. Enjoy.

The first two are pre-game. That is my brother's girlfriend, Nicki, sitting on the truck. To the left of the truck is a pink electric moped, remember that, it will come up in future posts.


Adam really thought of it as his moped.


I got great pictures of my brothers swinging, this is Chad, the youngest of our crew.

I got great pictures of the girls too, just not playing baseball.


I just love this picture.


This is my brother Cary:


This is my niece, Livi, going up to bat. She rocked!

I adore this picture of Adam. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. It will definitely involve enlarging it, and possibly making it black and white. What do you think?

5 comments:

Deborah said...

The onesie and the boots really fit into small town americana.

Anna said...

These are really great pictures. I do love the last one of Adam!

Joanna said...

It looks like a lot of fun. That picture of Adam is darling. Have you ever thought of canvas for it?

Paul and Holly Domm said...

I love those pictures. They look like they could go in a coffee table book on America. That one of Adam is great!

Mary said...

Kansas really is a beautiful state.