Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Camping Trip 2 of 2: Stony Brook

We picked a good campsite this time.  We were right next to the bathroom, a stream and a bridge.  The kids were in heaven.

Oh, and there was a grate.  Who needs Disney World?

We got smart this time and brought the stroller to contain the mover.

Setting up camp.

The kids were fascinated by the fire.  Aren't all kids?

Blueberry pancakes people!  Over a fire.  You are supposed to be so in awe of my skills that you don't notice my white socks being worn with my Tevas.

We spent the rest of the day hiking.  It was very beautiful.  Jane was very happy to have her very own backpack to cruise in. 

So was Paige.  Believe me, she's happy.


A chair-shaped rock!

After our hikes the kids enjoyed a little water-sliding. 

Paige and I sat on the side, looking cool.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

NaDell said...

I'm impressed with your blueberry pancakes. =)

Amy said...

Seriously, grates. We loves them at our house too. Impressed with your camping.

Heather Jewell said...

I'm so glad you updated so I could see all your kids and what you did this summer! Looks like you guys had a great time. I am very impressed you went camping with three young ones, camping nights just killllllll me.