Monday, January 26, 2009

Update

Here are some pictures to catch you up on some happenings around the Holmes' household. Jane wowed everyone at church with her pure cuteness in this outfit:

She was screaming when I tried to take pictures before church, I caught her when she was taking a breath, so she only looks mildly annoyed.

This kid sleeps ALL THE TIME. I'm not complaining, oh no no no, never. Just, is this normal? I mean, I'm talking like 20 hours per day. She wakes up to eat and that is about all the work she can handle before drifting off again. Maybe next time I'll just get a middle of the road child, Adam screamed and didn't sleep well at all.


We took Adam to the butterfly exhibit at Strong Museum. I wish I could say it was all about exposing Adam to educational opportunities. It was more about exposing myself to 75 degree heat with some humidity. It's been a BAD winter.


I hope this doesn't offend any delicate sensibilities, but we're firm believers in the group shower when it comes to our babies. We did it with Adam until he got too heavy and we risked dropping him when he was all soaped up. It's just easier to hand them into the shower, scrub them clean and hand them back out than it is to haul out those ridiculous baby baths, fill it...you get the idea. Anyway, Jane has already been subjected to her share of family showers:


Here is a picture of Adam, he is about a month older than Jane is in the picture above:


This further reinforces my point about Jane's sleeping:


Adam loves to get under this thing with Jane.

Looking at that picture makes me realize how big Adam is. I still think of him as a baby most of the time. Hard to believe he will be two in a couple of months!

9 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I think it's funny that you are now seeing Adam as a big kid. About a month after my babies are born I'll suddenly realize the new "big" sister (who has always been less than 2 in my family as well) is actually a giant. It's fun though. I love the transition from baby to kid. It's sooooo much easier.

NaDell said...

I love the outfit. We have a ton of pictures of a taking a breath shots of our kids!
Elizabeth was such a bad baby. I'm glad she was first, so at least I knew what I was getting into for the second. They just keep getting better. Our #3 is the BEST! A little cranky with new teeth though.
The outfit is precious.
We do the toss them in the shower to get clean quickly, but normally just put them into the kitchen sink when it's empty for a bath. I didn't bother to even buy one of the silly baby bathtubs.

Paul and Holly Domm said...

I love all of those pictures(the one of her in the church outfit is so precious and I love the shower shot-I agree that is definately the superior method...). The best thing though was the hope I've gained-maybe the second time around I'll get a child that actually sleeps.

Joanna said...

I never used a baby bath. We did it like you or we also used the kitchen sink.
I am glad that she sleeps for you. That is all I want to do. Have somebody swaddle me so I will be warm and just sleep these cold months away.

Mary said...

She is just georgeous! The group shower....brilliant. I wish I had thought of that. All those wasted years leaning over the edge of my bathtub, filling and emptying that blasted baby tub. Who knew!

Anna said...

I thought of him as a baby too until I saw that picture. And hooray for sleeping!

Jodie said...

Sleep is a beautiful thing! I've been doing a lot of that myself lately. Is it spring yet? I love the idea of the Butterfly Garden. I may have to do that as well. And hooray for the family showering! We do that too, or the kitchen sink. Nate's too big and squirmy for the shower now. Boo!

Jane is beautiful! Love her little outfit!

Heather Jewell said...

Oh, I love that first picture! Sean asked me last week if he could just put Ceilidh in a sleeper for church, since she pretty much stays in her car seat the whole time anyway. I was like "are you seriously asking me that? This is my doll and I want her dressed up pretty, so dress her up pretty."
I am with you on the family shower/bath. I remember the first time I saw one of those baby tubs and I had to ask my mom what they were for. So much easier (and more fun) to bath together.

Deborah said...

I could just eat that baby up!