Thursday, September 29, 2011

Summer Vacay to Utah: Part 1

So, we went to Utah at the end of July and now it's September.  I am a bit behind on my blogging.  Sorry.

We flew out late and it went something like this:
Pretty awesome.  Even better is that, when we landed, they rolled their little suitcases all the way to the rental car and we drove to my brother's house and then they went right back to sleep.  Best case scenario when traveling with three children 4 and under.

We visited the aquarium in Sandy and a good time was had by all with the possible exception of the octopus that Scott took a flash picture of after missing the announcement that it basically blinds the octopus.  Whoops.

Paige's exertions were so extensive that she had no choice but to collapse into a deep slumber (a recurring theme throughout the trip).






Another recurring theme was Scott and me stuffing our faces with delicious Mexican food at every opportunity.  We found a Mexican grocery store near my brother's house that had the most delicious food.  One little treasure were the popsicles.  Paige and I shared this coconut beauty.



The whole reason for this trip was to attend a family reunion in southern Utah.  There were a lot of fun things to do.  My dad was handing out rides on his scooter and Jane was first in line. 


My Dad built an awesome playground for the kids.  From scratch.  He's a bit handy.  He needs to live closer.


We went to an Iron Man competition while we were in southern Utah.  It was fun to watch, but the kids had more fun at the playground.


There were a lot of babies at the reunion, so there was some doubling up in the cribs.  This is Paige and her cousin Noelle.


Some of my siblings put together a kickball game.  I'm not one to be left out.



Paige didn't seem to mind.


I took the girls to bed but Scott and Adam stayed back with the boys to roast marshmallows.


I love this picture that Scott snapped of my Dad and Jane at church.


After the reunion we headed to Orem to stay with my brother for the rest of our trip.  There was a huge rocking horse.  Jane was happy.  To be continued...


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

NaDell said...

What a fun time you had! I love the picture of your sleeping baby on your back while you play kickball. You can do anything!
I love the doubling up in the cribs. We've done that before while we camped...if only to let the kids play without us holding them.
That playhouse is awesome! I've seen one similar to it that my sister in law's grandpa built for my nephew, but they couldn't put it up in their yard because they had some dumb homeowners association thing that they couldn't have ANY outbuildings (dumb!) not even sheds or someplace to leave your lawnmower. They couldn't have fences either. Dumb. Glad you had a fun trip!!!