Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quiet Time

Adam stopped napping a few months ago; partly because he no longer desired and partly because we arranged it.  It got to the point that, when he would nap, he wouldn’t want to sleep until 10 or 11pm. 

IMG_4632

Unfortunately “no nap” meant no time for me to relax or get anything done.  So, as a New Year resolution I decided that Adam would have “quiet time” every day.  An hour in his room where he can play or read books.  Unfortunately quiet time = nap time and nap time = late bed time.  The solution is having quiet time earlier in the day before he is in danger of falling asleep.  Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Heather Jewell said...

Oh, I feel for you. That nap/transition time was so hard for me. We had the same situation. Either Savy napped and was up until 10pm or was a total mess come 5:30pm. Sooooo frustrating.

melody said...

We are totally still working on this with Noah. He still falls asleep in the late afternoon(4-5pm) if I am not entertaining him enough.
Its hard, but I can't do late bed time!